Dip your head in the hot springs and wet your hair completely. For best results, the outside temperature should be below -20°C. Don't worry- freezing your hair won't damage it!
Allow the cold air to slowly freeze your hair. Keep your ears warm by periodically dipping them into the hot water. Be patient- all wet hair will eventually freeze, this includes eyebrows and even eyelashes.
Once your hair has become pure white with lots of frost and ice buildup, ring the bell near the pool entrance and have our staff come out to take your photo!
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who enter the contest in person at Eclipse Nordic Hot Springs and submit their photo(s) to the online contest platform.
2. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted starting once outside temperature reaches -20C and ending March 25th, 2023. Voting for Nongshim Noodles People’s Choice Award will begin on March 26th, 2023 and voting will close on April 2nd, 2023. Winners will be announced on April 5th, 2023. Unless otherwise stated, campaign closing dates are at midnight Yukon Time.
3. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by registering at our front desk in person via tablet or paper form. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be a photo(s) in high resolution with the participant(s) hair fully frozen and taken by an Eclipse staff member. Low resolution, blurry, or edited photo(s) may be considered void at the sole discretion of Eclipse Nordic Hot Springs. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Eclipse Nordic Hot Springs. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Eclipse Nordic Hot Springs.
4. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive one of six identical prizes of at least $2000 CDN payable by cheque or e-transfer. Contestants can win in one of six categories “Best Male”, “Best Female”, “Best Group”, "Most Creative", “Nongshim People’s Choice Award”, and "AirNorth Best Facial Hair". Prizes will be awarded per category, regardless of the number of people/participants in the winning photo. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Eclipse Nordic Hot Springs and its sponsors to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
5. Weather and Contest Cancelation: The Hair Freezing Contest may be cancelled under two conditions: first, that the winter season did not provide cold enough weather to hold the contest (must be -20 Celsius or colder), and second if the submissions from participants lack enough frozen hair in the photos (hair must be mostly covered in frost).
6. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner(s) will be selected at the sole discretion of Eclipse Nordic Hot Springs. The People’s Choice Award will be voted on by the public on our official contest website; the selection of photos available for public voting will be preselected by Eclipse Nordic Hot Springs before voting is open. Winner(s) will be notified by email on April 5th, 2023. Eclipse Nordic Hot Springs shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected.